First published: January 23, 2014 in CraftsLast Updated: January 23, 2014 12:33 pm Tough to read? Print this! Email This
It always means more when you – or you along with your child – take the time to let your creativity kick in a make a special card for that someone special. And Valentines Day is as good as any other time to do that. Here are some creative ideas that will help you do that:
You can make this card with even the youngest child – just help them to dip their thumbs into poster paints and show them how to put them onto the card (you may want to do a little practice session or two)
What You Need:
- Sheet of pink construction paper
- Red and pink poster paint
- Shiny pipe cleaner
How to Make it:
- Fold the sheet of construction paper in half and crease to create your card – trim to desired size
- Dip thumb in red paint and press onto card at slight angle. Lift and repeat to create the desired design – check out the picture for guidance, but feel free to get creative!
- Use the pipe cleaner to create a heart for centre of the card and markers to write your – or your child’s message. You can get even more creative here – use the marker to add arms and legs to the heart and even add a smiling face!
- Then just write a message into the centre of the card and you are done!
- Instead of construction paper, you can use white or coloured stock for this card
Hope all this information will help you have a very special Valentines Day – please send in your comments, suggestions and experiences, your input is welcomed and much appreciated