First published: October 30, 2013 in ParentingLast Updated: October 30, 2013 7:57 am Tough to read? Print this! Email This
Safety is very important all the time – but on the Halloween it is even more so – please read the following tips and refresh your memory – everyone wants to have a safe and happy experience!
Ten Halloween Safety Tips
- Children should always be accompanied by an adult
- Children should wear clothing that is easily visible in the dark – reflective materials are the best.
- Trick or treat in areas that are well known to children and do not wonder into unknown neighbourhoods
- All candies need to be carefully inspected by adults to make sure they have not been tampered with. If you find a suspicious candy, you need to contact the police.
- Children need to be told to stay away from stray animals
- Children should wear masks that do not interfere with their vision. It is much better to create a face mask using make up.
- Children need to watch for any vehicles on the road very carefully and not run across the streets.
- Costumes need to be short enough to make sure the child doesn’t trip.
- All trick or treaters should carry a flashlight and be dressed appropriately for the weather
- If you have a smallest doubt about letting children go house to house, organize a party for children in the neighbourhood!
Have a safe and Happy Halloween and send your comment, suggestions and experiences in – your input is always welcomed!