First published: October 24, 2012 in RecipesLast Updated: October 24, 2012 8:13 am Tough to read? Print this! Email This
You probably already know that I love using cranberries any time I can. The latest recipes I used them in was in a banana bread (you know those dark bananas you may be tempted to throw away? Don’t! – they make delicious Banana Bread!)
The latest recipe I created is for Apple Cranberry Muffins – it’s just one of those: “Try it, you will love it!” recipe. Easy to make and absolutely delicious. I took step – by – step pictures for you – that will make it even easier to follow:
1. Peel and chop up 2 large apples (or 3 if you want lots of apple pieces in your muffins)
2. In a large bowl, mix together 1/2 cup of butter (at room temperature), 3/4 cups of sugar and 1 egg (beaten)
3. Add 1 cup of buttermilk – remember that if you don’t have buttermilk on hand, you can easily make it by adding couple tablespoons of lemon juice to milk and letting it sit for a few minutes. Add chopped apples and mix well.
4. Stir together1 cup of all purpose flour, 3/4 cups of whole wheat flour, 1 teaspoon of baking soda, 2 teaspoons of cinnamon.
5. Mix flour mixture into the butter mixture and add 1 – 1/2 cups of cranberries (I use dried cranberries, not sure how fresh ones would work)
6. Add flour mixture to the butter mixture and gently mix – only until it is combined. If you mix it too much, your muffins will turned out heavy.
7. Spoon into prepared muffin cups – I use paper mugging liners – it makes baking easier. Sprinkle vanilla sugar on top of each muffin.
8. Bake at 350F for 20 -25 minutes or until muffins turn golden brown
Hope you will love this recipe as much as I do – please send in your comments, suggestions and experiences, your input is always welcomed and very much appreciated!