This dish will taste just like your Thanksgiving dinner! Or very close to it at least. Again – you can make it tonight or use turkey meat you have saved in your freezer – you will not be disappointed!
Best Ever Turkey Casserole:
4 cups of cubed cooked turkey
6 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
1-1/4 cups of chopped celery
3/4 cup of chopped onion
1/2 cup butter, cubed
6 cups of unseasoned bread cubes
1 teaspoon of poultry seasoning
1/4 teaspoon of sage
1 cup of chicken broth
2 cans of condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
1 teaspoon of garlic powder
3/4 cup sour cream, divided
4 ounces of softened cream cheese
1/2 teaspoon of pepper
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1-1/2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water, bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and cook for about 15 minutes or until tender.
- In another large skillet, saute celery and onion in butter until tender. Remove from the heat.
- In a large bowl, combine the stuffing cubes, poultry seasoning and sage. Stir in broth and celery mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Combine the turkey, soup, garlic powder and 1/4 cup sour cream; spoon over stuffing mixture.
- Drain potatoes and mash them. Beat in the cream cheese, pepper, salt and remaining sour cream; spread over turkey mixture.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes .
Enjoy this dish and check out all the other recipe for leftover turkey!