First published: September 7, 2011 in Cooking with BeerLast Updated: September 7, 2011 8:04 am Tough to read? Print this! Email This
Here is another one of my Cooking With Beer recipes. I made this for dinner last night and it was awesome! My husband loved the sauce and the chops turned out very tender and tasty. And it didn’t take too long to prepare, you just have to get the chops ready few hours ahead of time, since marinating them makes the difference.
Grilled Pork Chops with Lager-Infused Sauce:
- 1 cup of Lager beer
- 1/3 cup of maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons of molasses
- 1 teaspoon of Mexican style hot chili powder
- 3-4 (ideal is about 1 inch thick) centre cut pork chops
- 3/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
1. Combine lager, maple syrup, molasses, chili powder and pork chops in a resealable food storage bag and refrigerate for about 2 hours, turning occasionally.
2. Next – get your grill nice and hot and after your pork chops finished marinating, get ready to cook them!
3. Lightly oil the grill, remove chops from the marinade and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
4. Place on the grill, directly over heat source.
5. Grill about 7 minutes per side or until chops are well marked (if you want to use meat thermometer to check, the temperature should show 150F.
Serve with Lager-Infused Sauce:
Lager-Infused Sauce Recipe:
- 1/2 cup of Lager
- 1/3 cup of ketchup
- 3 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons of finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon of molasses
- 1 tablespoon of cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon of Mexican style hot chili powder
1. Combine lager, ketchup, syrup, onion, molasses, vinegar and chili powder in a small saucepan over medium heat.
2. Bring to a gentle simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, 10-12 minutes or until thickened.
I served the chops with Broccoli Cheddar rice and our favourite cucumber salad – great dinner!
Hope you will enjoy this recipe and let me know how it turned out for you – your input is always welcomed and very much appreciated!