This is a really good recipe – and very easy to put together. What will surprise you is that the sauce is made from leftover cola – you won’t taste it but it will tenderize the meat and give a really nice, sweet flavor.You start the ribs in your slow cooker and finish them on your grill, using the sauce – try them soon and let me know how you liked them!
- 6 pounds of pork spareribs
- Water to cover meat
- 4 teaspoons of pickling spices
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1-1/4 cups of brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons of dry mustard
- 1/2 cup of ketchup
- 1/2 cup of cola (not diet)
- With a sharp knife, separate the rack of spareribs into individual ribs.
- Arrange in the crockpot.
- Combine pickling spices, salt, and water.
- Pour liquid over ribs.
- Cook until ribs are tender, but meat not separating from the bones, about 6 hours on low setting.
- Remove ribs from crock-pot, discarding liquid, and arrange in a shallow baking pan.
- Combine brown sugar and dry mustard, mixing thoroughly.
- Sprinkle evenly over ribs.
- Cover pan and refrigerate for 12 hours.
- Combine ketchup and cola, mixing until smooth.
- Brush evenly over ribs.
- Finish ribs on the grill or under the broiler, watching carefully for flare-ups, until browned and warmed through.
For more great recipes using leftovers, check out:
Hope you have enjoyed this recipe – please send in your comments, suggestions and experiences, your input is always welcomed and very much appreciated