First published: March 22, 2011 in RecipesLast Updated: March 22, 2011 6:19 am Tough to read? Print this! Email This
Bring out your creativity with these adorable Easter Egg Heads.They are easy to make – just think about the possibilities! And kids think the wiggle eyes are especially funny! Check out your local craft store or a dollar store to get the wiggly eyes and keep your eyes opened for things you can use for hair, hats, etc – get creative and you will love the results!
- Boiled eggs
- 3-D paint or glitter glue, in a variety of colors
- White craft glue
- Wiggle eyes, in any size
- Cooling rack or film canister lids
- Mini bowl (optional)
- Tweezers (optional)
- Empty egg cartons
You will need to decorate only one side of the egg at a time. Let the eggs dry either on egg cartons turned upside down, on a cooling rack or film canister lid. Decorate other side when first side is dry.
- Place egg into an empty egg carton for stability.
- Use glitter glue or 3-D paint to “draw” on hair. This will need to dry for several hours.
- If you wish to add a bow, place a small construction paper or ribbon bow into the 3-D paint or glitter glue hair before it dries all the way.
- Decide where you want to place the wiggle eyes and glue them in place.
- Add a nose by gluing on a miniature pom pom
- Draw on a mouth with a marker.
- Place on a decorative plate, an Easter basket, or make an arrangement for your table.
Hope you enjoy making these adorable egg heads – please send in your comments, suggestions and experiences – your input is always welcomed and very much appreciated