First published: August 1, 2013 in RecipesLast Updated: August 1, 2013 8:24 am Tough to read? Print this! Email This
This is a great recipe and it will take you about 10 minutes to prepare! We had it for dinner and then I used the leftovers cold to top nice, fresh, mixed green salad – great way to make 2 dinners at once!
Easy Roasted Chicken Recipe:
- 2 lemons
- 1/4 cup of butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh sage
- 2 teaspoons of fresh chopped thyme
- 1 whole roaster chicken (about 4 lb.s)
- 3 springs of sage
- 2 springs of thyme
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Zest and juice 1 lemon, quarter remaining lemon.
- In a bowl, combine butter, chopped sage, chopped thyme, 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and 1.2 teaspoon of lemon zest.
- Set aside.
- Season chicken cavity with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Place sage springs, thyme springs and lemon quarters inside cavity.
- Tie legs of chicken together with kitchen string.
- Place on rack set in roasting pan.
- Brush 1/2 butter-herb mixture evenly over chicken.\
- Roast chicken for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until meat thermometer inserted in thigh (not touching bone) reads 165F, basting occasionally with remaining butter-herb mixture and pan juices.
- Let sit 10 minutes before slicing.
Make this recipe even better by serving the chicken with mashed potatoes with a special touch. Just click on the link below to check out four different ways to make better mashed potatoes!
Enjoy and send me your comments anytime!