Here is a recipe that will add that something very special to your Christmas baking list. Using eggnog to make this delicious bread is a really good idea – the bread has a great taste and even better aroma when you are baking it. You could make it now – I am planning to make mine this coming weekend – and freeze it for use during the holidays. It will defrost really well and if you want to, you can put it in the oven at 350F for about 10 minutes – it will taste as if you had just baked it!
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup of eggnog
- 2 teaspoons of rum extract
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of butter, softened
- 2 -1/4 cups of flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease bottom only of a 9×5 inch loaf pan, or three 3×5 inch loaf pans.
- Blend together the eggs, eggnog, rum extract, sugar, vanilla and butter.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg.
- Add to eggnog mixture and stir just enough to moisten; pour into prepared pan.
- Bake bread in large pan for 40 to 60 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Breads baked in the smaller pans require 35 to 40 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes, and remove from pan. Cool completely, wrap tightly and store in refrigerator.
Hope you have enjoyed this recipe – please send in your comments, suggestions and experioences, your input is always welcomed and very much appreciated