First published: October 2, 2013 in RecipesLast Updated: October 2, 2013 9:07 am Tough to read? Print this! Email This
Ginger Carrot Bread:
- Non stick cooking spray
- 3/4 cups of sugar
- 1/3 cup of vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of carrot juice
- 1-1/2 cups of all purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup of raisins
- Note: walnuts and raisins are optional
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Lightly coat an 8-1/2″ x 4-1/2 loaf pan with cooking spray and set it aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, oil eggs, vanilla and carrot juice.
- In a medium bowl. whisk together flour, ginger, baking powder and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture, whisking just to combine.
- Fold in the walnuts and raisins if you are adding them.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean – 45-55 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack, let cool in pan for about 210 minutes, then invert onto rack to cool completely.
- Slice just before serving.
Hope you will enjoy this recipe – please send me your comments and suggestions, your input is always welcomed and very much appreciated