First published: April 30, 2013 in RecipesLast Updated: April 29, 2013 9:32 am Tough to read? Print this! Email This
- 1 cup of softened butter
- 2 cups of sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 3 cups of flour
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 1-1/2 cups of icing sugar
- 2 teaspoons of grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup of lemon juice
- In a large bowl, beat butter with sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in lemon zest and vanilla.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Using wooden spoon, stir into butter mixture alternately with milk, making 3 additions of flour mixture and 2 of milk.
- Spread in greased 13 x 9 cake pan
- Bake in 350F oven until cake tester or toothpick inserted into centre comes out clean, 35-40 minutes.
- Whisk together icing sugar, lemon zest and juice.
- With skewer, poke holes all over top of the cake.
- Spoon the sugar mixture evenly over top, smoothing with back of a spoon.
- Let cool completely.
Please let me know now this recipe worked out for you – your input is always welcomed and very much appreciated!
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]Glazed Lemon Cake Recipe,