First published: November 1, 2013 in RecipesLast Updated: November 1, 2013 12:38 pm Tough to read? Print this! Email This
You can put together this all time favorite in less than half an hour – the taste will be remembered much longer!
Make a pie dough – you will find a great recipe on this website – just click on the link below:
Pecan Pie Recipe:
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup of light corn syrup
- 1/3 cup of packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons of unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 3 cups of pecan halves
- lightly sweetened whipped cream for serving (optional)
- Preheat over to 375F with rack set at lowest position
- Using kitchen sheers or a paring knife, trim dough to a 1 inch overhang under itself to form a rim; pinch between thumb and forefinger to form a uniform edge around rim of pie plate. Crimp with fingertips.
- Transfer dough-lined pie plate to refrigerator.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, corn syrup, sugars, butter, vanilla and salt until smooth.
- Mix in pecans.
- Pout mixture into chilled pie crust.
- Place pie plate on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake until filling jiggles slightly in the centre when shaken – 50-60 minutes.
- Cool pie completely in a plate (5-6 hours)
- Serve with whipped cream if desired.
Hope you will enjoy this recipe – please send me your comments, your input is very welcomed and much appreciated.