First published: July 8, 2013 in RecipesLast Updated: July 8, 2013 7:39 am Tough to read? Print this! Email This
I found out that according to research (this one was done at Vanderbilt University in Nashville) the caffeine in coffee speeds up metabolic rate by 5 percent and boosts fat burn during physical activity by 31 percent – and that is good enough for me to keep drinking coffee! But – you don’t always have to have just the regular brew – here are some great recipes for flavoured coffees – enjoy!
Café Almond Delight:
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, heat 1-1/2 cups of milk for about 2 minutes, or until the milk just reaches boil.
- Using whisk or electric mixer, mix vigorously to form foam.
- Divide milk and foam evenly between 2 glasses.
- In liquid measuring cup, combine 3/4 cup of brewed espresso, 1/4 cup of amaretto liqueur and 2 tablespoons of chocolate syrup.
- Slowly pour 1/2 the mixture over back of spoon into each glass.
- Stir before drinking.
Caramel Mocha Coffee:
In glass, combine 1 cup of strong brewed caramel coffee, 2 tablespoons of chocolate syrup and a pinch of salt.
Top with whipped cream, a dusting of cocoa powder and chopped chocolate.
Hazelnut Latte Coffee:
In bowl, microwave 3/4 cup of milk for about 2 minutes.
Whisk to form foam.
Stir in 2 teaspoons of chopped chocolate and pour into a glass.
In liquid measuring cup, combine 1/4 cup of brewed espresso and 2 tablespoon of each sugar and hazelnut syrup.
Pour over back of spoon into glass.
Stir to drink.
Java A La Mode:
In glass, combine 3/4 cup of hot or cold strong brewed French vanilla coffee and 2 teaspoons of sugar.
Add 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream.
Top with whipped cream and chocolate shavings.
Hope you enjoy these recipes – please send me your comments – your input is always welcomed and very much appreciated!