First published: March 5, 2014 in RecipesLast Updated: March 5, 2014 8:23 am Tough to read? Print this! Email This
Kale is a very versatile leafy green that has a well-deserved reputation as a superfood. It is loaded with fibre and will aid in lowering cholesterol. It is also full of vitamin K, which is great for bone health and vitamin A that will help strengthen bones, eyes and teeth.
Here are a few recipes that will help you in figuring out just what to do with this superfood:
- Puree together a cup of each: steamed kale and ice cubes, half of chopped and peeled apple, a banana and few generous splashes of almond milk until smooth and frosty.
- Toss together about 6 cups of torn, steamed kale, a drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of each salt and sweet paprika.
- Bake in a single layer on parchment paper lined baking sheets and 350F until chips are crispy and dark green.
Marinated Kale Salad:
- Steam and chop a bunch of kale.
- Toss it with small handful of chopped dried cherries and couple of spoonfuls each of olive oil, orange juice and honey.
- Let stand for 1 hour, then sprinkle with toaster chopped hazelnuts.
Walnut Kale Pesto:
- Steam, chop and blanch bunch of kale then chill it in ice water.
- Pat the kale dry.
- In a food processor, pulse it together with a handful of each toasted chopped walnuts and grated Parmesan cheese and some chopped garlic.
- Pulse in a few generous drizzles of olive oil, a couple of spoonfuls of lemon juice and a pinch of each salt and pepper until smooth.
- Cook garlic slices in a little olive oil until fragrant.
- Stir in 6 cups of torn, steamed kale.
- Cook until slightly wilted and dark green.
- Stir in a squeeze of lemon juice and pinch of each salt and pepper.
Hope you will enjoy this information – please send me your comments, your input is always welcomed and very much appreciated.