First published: March 16, 2009 in RecipesLast Updated: June 17, 2011 3:05 pm Tough to read? Print this! Email This
This is one of my favourites – actually, to be honest, I try not to make it very often, because I love eating it too much! Try it and let me know if you could stay away from it – especially when it is still warm ! Yummy!
Old-fashioned Baked Rice Pudding:
- 1/2 cup of long grain rice
- 2 cups of milk
- 1 cup of water
- 1/2 tablespoon of butter
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/3 cup of raisins
- Stir all ingredients (except raisins) together in a buttered 1-1/2 quart casserole.
- Bake in a slow oven (300F) for 1 hour without disturbing the rice.
- Reduce temperature to 250F and continue baking for 1-1/2 hours more.
- Add raisins 1/2 hour before removing from the oven. You can also sprinkle either cinnamon or more nutmeg over the top just before the pudding finishes baking.