First published: August 15, 2009 in RecipesLast Updated: August 14, 2009 11:21 am Tough to read? Print this! Email This
It may be a little bit easier to prepare delicious roasted leg of lamb than you think. I find this recipe very easy to make and each time I made it, it turned out excellent.
Old-Fashioned Garlic and Rosemary Leg of Lamb:
4-4-1/2 lb. shank half leg of lamb, trimmed of excess fat
4 cloves of garlic, minced, plus 3 whole heads of garlic
2 tablespoons of chopped fresh rosemary
- Heat oven to 375F. Place leg of lamb in a large roasting pan.
- Mix minced garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper in a small bowl and rub all over the lamb.
- Cut about 1/4 off tops of heads of garlic, place heads around the lamb. Drizzle garlic with 1 tablespoon of oil, rolling heads in oil to coat.
- Roast 1-1/2 hours or until meat thermometer registers 135F for rare, and 145F for medium.
- Let rest 15 minutes
- Carve and serve with roasted garlic to squeeze from skins onto lamb.
This recipe will feed 8 people and you might have some leftovers.
Hope you enjoy this recipe – please let me know how it turned out for you – your comments and suggestions are always welcomed and appreciated!