First published: June 11, 2014 in RecipesLast Updated: June 11, 2014 11:34 am Tough to read? Print this! Email This
If you like salmon, you are going to love this recipe!The combination of orange flavor and fennel truly complements the salmon flavor – try it tonight!
- 2-3 navel oranges
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil (plus additional for the baking pan)
- 1-1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2 large bulbs of fennel
- 1 large salmon fillet (about 2 lbs.)
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Coat 16 x 10 inch baking pan with oil.
- Grate 1 tablespoon of orange zest.
- Squeeze oranges to get 1/2 cup of juice.
- In a small bowl, whisk the zest, juice, oil and salt.
- Trim the fennel.
- Mince about 2 tablespoons of the feathery leaves and set them aside.
- Cut bulbs lengthwise into quarters.
- Cut out and discard the cores.
- Cut the fennel into thick slices.
- Place slices in the baking pan.
- Drizzle with half of the juice mixture and toss to coat.
- Place in the oven for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally or until lightly browned.
- Remove the pan form the oven.
- Clear a space in the centre and lay the salmon diagonally in the pan, skin side down.
- Drizzle with the remaining juice mixture
- Spread to coat the fish.
- Place in the oven and roast for about 15 minutes or until salmon is opaque in the centre.
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]Orange Glazed Roasted Salmon with Fennel,