First published: August 20, 2013 in RecipesLast Updated: August 20, 2013 8:45 am Tough to read? Print this! Email This
This dessert is perfect for when peaches are in season – delicious for any time of the day (I had it for breakfast :-)) This recipe will give you 6-8 servings and it is very easy to reheat in the microwave. You can also serve it cold, but warm with vanilla ice cream is the way to go!
Peach and Blackberry Cornmeal Cobbler:
- 7 cups of sliced, pitted and peeled firm ripe peaches
- 1 cup of blackberries
- 1/2 cup of sugar (add more if you think peaches are not sweet enough)
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 cup of flour
- 1/2 cup of cornmeal
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of grated lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/3 cup of unsalted butter, cubed
- 2/3 cup of milk
- In a large bowl,. gently toss together peaches, blackberries, sugar, cornstarch and lemon juice.
- Scrape into 8 inch square glass baking dish.
- Cornmeal Topping:
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cornmeal, sugar, lemon rind, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Using pastry blender or butter knives, cut in butter until crumbly.
- Drizzle with milk, stirring to form soft, sticky dough.
- Drop by 1 tablespoon at a time onto peach mixture.
- Bake at 425F oven until bubbly and biscuits are golden and no longer doughy underneath when lifted – about 50 minutes.
Serve warm with vanilla ice cream and enjoy!