First published: August 30, 2012 in RecipesLast Updated: August 30, 2012 6:54 am Tough to read? Print this! Email This
This time of the year, there is an abundance of vegetables and if you grow your own, I am sure you have more than you can consume. And sometimes it’s not easy to keep coming up with new ways to prepare your vegetables – so here is one recipe that I love and I am sharing it with you!
Slow Roasted Tomatoes:
- 6 plum tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of fresh thyme leaves or 1/2 teaspoon of dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 325F
- Place tomatoes on a rimmed baking sheet, cut side up
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with thyme leaves
- Season with salt and fresh ground pepper
- Roast until tomatoes begin to collapse, brushing occasionally with pan juices – about 90 minutes
Hope you will enjoy this recipe – please send me your comments., suggestions and experiences – your input is always welcomed and very much appreciated!