First published: August 13, 2012 in RecipesLast Updated: August 13, 2012 11:15 am Tough to read? Print this! Email This
This cake turns out beautifully moist (the sour cream does that) and the cinnamon gives it a wonderful aroma. Try it today – you will love it!
Sour Cream Coffee Cake with Cinnamon Walnut Topping
- 1 cup of unsalted butter at room temperature
- 3 cups of flour
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1-1/2 cups of sugar
- 3 eggs at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
Cinnamon Walnut Topping
- 1 cup pf brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 1/2 – 1 cup of chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Butter and flour 9 inch tube pan (or use non stick baking spray)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together shour cream and baking soda.
- With electric mixer, beat butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla on high speed until light and fluffy – about 5 minutes.
- With mixer on low speed, add flour mixture in three additions, alternatively with sour cream mixture in two, beginning and ending with flour.
- Mix just until moistened.
- Spread third of the batter in pan and sprinkle with third of your topping. Repeat twice, ending with topping
- Bake until toothpick, inserted in centre of cake comes out with only a few moist crumbs – about -0 – 7-0 minutes
- Cool in pan for at least 30 minutes, turn out of the pan with top side up and cool on a rack.
Hope you will enjoy this recipe – please send me your comments, suggestions and experiences, your input is always welcomed and very much appreciated!