Last Updated on
Here is another easy-to-put-together crockpot recipe – this soup tastes great the day it is made and will freeze nicely as well for later, ready-to-eat dinners. If you put it together in the morning, you will have a great dinner in the evening. Serve it with a sandwich or fresh bread – it is very filling to be a meal of its own!
Slow Cooker Minestrone Soup
- 1/4 cup of Zesty Italian dressing
- 1 cup chopped onions (1 medium)
- 1/2 of cup chopped celery (1 stalk)
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots (1 medium)
- 1 can (19 fl oz) of diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (19 fl oz.) of red kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- 2 cans (10 fl oz. each) of vegetable broth
- 2 cups of water
- 1 tsp. of Italian seasoning
- 1-1/2 cups of small pasta shells, uncooked
- 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat dressing in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onions, celery and carrots; cook 2 min. or until crisp-tender, stirring occasionally Spoon into slow cooker.
- Add tomatoes with their liquid, the beans, broth, water and Italian seasoning; stir. Cover with lid.
- Cook on low for 6 hours (or on high for 3 hours).
- Stir in pasta; cook 10 to 15 min. or until pasta is tender.
- Sprinkle with cheese just before serving.
Hope you enjoy this recipe and send in your comments, suggestions and experiences – your input is always welcomed and very much appreciated!