You just may be able to surprise your loved one this Valentines Day, by taking a pen in your hand and putting your emotions on a paper. And really – you don’t have to be a couple who just met, or you don’t have to be wishing that a certain someone would understand how you feel… Imagine how special it would be if you did that for your partner of number of years. Sometimes the longer we are we someone, the less we think that it is important to tell them just how much we love them and what they mean to us.
Need a helping hand? Here are some tips of how to write a love letter:
- Clear your desk or your table and most importantly – clear your mind of distractions. You don’t want to do this watching TV, your loved one deserves your complete attention.
- Find your favourite picture of your loved on and put it in front of you
- It will help if you put on some music, preferably your favourite tunes
- I am thinking you already have special stationery in mind as well as your favourite pen
- You will need another sheet of paper – on this one, make two lists: One to list the unique qualities of your loved one and on the other list, write your hopes for your future together
- Think hard of what salutation you are going to use. Starting with :Dear____, or using your favourite way to address him or her
- Then start writing your letter: start by telling him/her what makes them so special to you. You should list at least three different qualities, best to go with emotional, spiritual and physical
- Next – share your hopes and dreams for your future together
- To end the letter, close with something like “I will love you forever”, or go ahead and use my favourite: “Love you forever and a day”
- Finish by signing the letter (you definitely do not want to forget that!), lightly spraying with a fragrance you use
- If you are mailing your love letter, you may want to pick a special stamp in the post office and try your best to figure out the delivery time so your loved one receives it in desired time.
Good luck with this endeavour – please send in your comments, suggestions and experiences, your input is always welcomed and very much appreciated