Last Updated on
I love the look of this simple-to-make and totally in-expensive decoration! Anyone can follow the easy instructions, using colourful fall leaves of various sizes and shades. The result is a simple and elegant tablecloth that will have your guests admire your creativity!
Instructions How to Make Fall Leaf Sheer Tablecloth:
- You will need to go outside to collect colourful leaves. But what a great idea is to do this with your children!
- Pick leaves that are not dried out.
- If you can’t get real leaves, you can easily purchase silk leaves at your local craft or discount store. Tip: buy a garland – it will give you all the leaves you need!
- Place them between sheets of waxed paper and then between a couple of heavy books. You will need to let them dry out this way so they end up being nice and flat. It should be OK after 2 days and up to a week.
- Put plain white tablecloth on your table. You will need to iron out any wrinkles and make sure that it is placed on the table the way you want it to stay.
- Arrange your leaves over the tablecloth in a pattern you like and when you are happy with the layout and design , place a little piece of double-sided tape on the underside of each and press down onto the white tablecloth. This is obviously done so that the leaves don’t move when you use the table for your dinner.
- Lay sheer tablecloth over the leaves. The sheer tablecloth should be from material that you can see the leaves through – consider looking for sheer curtain panel in a second hand store – that worked for me!
- Set your table as usual or as you have planned for your special Thanksgiving dinner.
Hope you try this and enjoy the compliments you will get! Your comments, suggestions and experiences are always welcomed!