Thanksgiving holidays are one the most cherished ones.
Family and friends get together for a great feast and fun – and you want to make everything just perfect and very special.
One of the things is how to best decorate your table – and there is never enough ideas!
I have put together a list of how to and what to – hope that it will help to make your Thanksgiving very special.
You can bring the beauty of the season into your home – use the colours, foliage and colourful fruits of the season – and you will set a spectacular Thanksgiving table in no time!
Making your Thanksgiving table beautiful and memorable doesn’t have to be difficult – here are some ideas that are easy to follow:
- Use autumn coloured candles – you can set them in a wooden or rustic metal candle holders and use them for your centerpiece along with fall foliage, wheat springs, clusters of berries, mini pumpkins or even seasonal vegetables.
- Use hollowed-out pumpkin instead of a vase to put flowers into. You can also enrich this kind of centerpiece by adding berries, wheat or leaves around the base.
- Set the table with tablecloth, runner, placemats and napkins – choose fall colours and use prints very sparingly, avoiding making your table look too busy. Always keep you focus on the centrepiece.
- You can use napkin rings, keeping in the fall theme in colours and style, or you can fold your napkins into shapes instead of just laying them flat.
- Choosing your dishes can go either way – you can use fall colours if you wish personally I prefer using white dishes and focusing colours into the decor.
- If you need to make place cards, consider collecting good size leaves, rinsing them and patting them dry. Then you can write each guest’s name on each leave with a black felt-tip pen and place the leaf in centre of each setting.
More Table Decorating Ideas:
- It is easy to enhance your table with using season inspired and natural elements – like branches of beautifully coloured leaves.
- You may want to take a walk with your children and pick some branches and leaves to use – it is very inexpensive and very effective way to decorate.
- Making a centrepiece for your table is easy – and you can use fresh fall flowers that you arrange in a suitable container.
- Soak a block of florist’s foam in water, place into the container and create the centrepiece of your own design.
- Ideal flowers are dried pink amaranthus, white or coloured asters, deep red or orange roses, black-eyed susans or colour chrysanthemums.
- All you have to do is snip the stems equal length and insert them into the soaked foam in your container.
- You can create accent with springs of berries or wheat. Placing this centrepiece on your table with couple of candles on each side will look terrific!
- If you decide to use leaves as your main theme, consider using a dark coloured tablecloth – it will set off the colour of leaves beautifully.
- Use lighter colour napkins, roll them and secure them with fall shaped and coloured leaves.
- You can add some richness to your table by using gold coloured candlesticks or candles. And it works very well to use fall fruits or vegetables, like a mix of green and yellow gourds, white and orange mini pumpkins or apples and pears.
Here are some centerpiece ideas I found from other which might to get your creative side going (I know it helped me get started on some of my own designs):
Hope you have found this information helpful – please send in your comments, suggestions and experiences, your input is always welcomed and very much appreciated