Adding creatively arranged flowers or handmade centerpieces along with colourful easter eggs of Easter decor will make your home and your festive dinner table more appealing – and it doesn’t have to be difficult. Here are a couple of my favourites to give you an idea or two – do not be afraid to get creative, use your favourite flowers and enjoy your holiday!
How to Make this Pretty centerpiece:
- Trace the mouth of a paper cup onto paper.
- Draw petals around the circle you traced; each petal should be about 2 inches long.
- Trace this flower shape onto coloured paper and cut it out.
- Pierce the center of the flower with a pencil.
- Cut triangles from this center hole out toward the petal, making sure to stop about an inch from the edge.
- Slide the flower over the cup so that it comes up to the rim.
- Cut off the excess paper at the tips of the triangles, then tape the base to the cup.
- Trace the flower-shape template onto green paper and extend each petal into a point to form a ring of “leaves.”
- Repeat the same process with the leaves and tape beneath the petals.
- Place a small bowl filled with jelly bean in the centre.
How to Make this Prettty Centerpiece:
- Center a small glass vase (or a juice glass) inside a larger one.
- Fill the space in between the two vases with an assortment of brightly coloured jelly beans.
- Pour a few inches of water into the inner vase, then set your blooms in place.
- I made this centerpiece last year and used yellow silk tulips. After the holidays, I wrapped it in plastic and stored it on a shelf – and I have a ready to place centerpiece this year!
Enjoy your holidays and send in your comments, suggestions and experiences – your input is always welcomed and very much appreciated!