Last Updated on
1. To remove food odors from plastic containers, fill with warm water and add a little dry mustard – 1/2 teaspoon is plenty for average size container. Let soak for an hour and then wash.
2. Clean porcelain pieces and the sink by filling the sink with warm water and adding several denture-cleaning tablets.
3. Remove stains from the counter top by massaging a paste of tartar and lemon juice into the stain, let it soak and then rinse.
4. To remove grease from wooden cupboards, apply a very thin coat of car wax, let it dry and buff.
5. Store your steel wool pad in the freezer each time you finish with it and it will never rust. Just tuck it into a sandwich bag.
6. To clean a scorched pan, fill with warm water and add several tablespoons of baking soda. Boil until the scorched parts loosen and float to the surface.
7. Remove rust from baking pans by rubbing with cleanser and cut raw potato.
8. Spray a grater with non stick cooking spray before using and clean up will be a breeze.
9. Preserve wooden salad bowls by wiping them with a paper towel soaked in cooking oil., This prevents drying and cracking. Do not immerse in water for more than just a few seconds to clean and always dry thoroughly.
10. Remove rust from a knife or other kitchen utensils by sticking it in an onion for about an hour. Move the piece back and forth to help the onion juice do its work.
Hope these tips will be helpful to you – please send me your comments and suggestions, your input is always welcomed and very much appreciated!