Last Updated on
Let’s say you have bread in your kitchen that is a bit dry and a few apples in your fruit basket that are no longer the greatest for biting into; Here is what you can do and create a great tasting dessert for your family!
Apple Raisin Bread Pudding:
- 6 tablespoons of unsalted butter (4 melted, 2 cold, plus a bit more, softened for baking dish
- 5 cups of milk
- 6 large eggs
- 1-12/ cups of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons of grated orange zest
- 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- About 1 lb. of bread, day old buns of baguette, torn into small pieces
- 2-3 apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup of raisins
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Butter a 9 x 13 baking dish
- In a large bowl, whisk together milk,. eggs, sugar, vanilla, orange zest, cinnamon and add bread
- Cover with plastic wrap and weigh down with another bowl
- Let stand until bread is soaked through – about 20 minutes
- Fold in apples, raisins and 4 tablespoons of melted butter
- Pour into prepared baking dish
- Dot top of the bread pudding with the remaining 2 tablespoons of cold butter
- Bake until pudding is set and lightly brown on top – about 50 minutes to 1 hour.
- Serve warm and it is great when you add vanilla ice cream or fresh whipping cream
Hope you will enjoy this recipe – please send me your comments, suggestions and experiences, your input is always welcomed and very much appreciated!