This is a great recipe to use for an tasty appetizer at your next party. Or make them and serve for dinner over a bed of rice or pasta and enjoy!
Beer Braised Meatballs:
1 lb. ground beef
1/2 cup of Italian breadcrumbs
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/3 cup of finely chopped onion
1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper
1 bottle of light coloured beer, such as lager
1-1/2 cups of tomato sauce
1 cup of ketchup
2 tablespoons of tomato paste
1/2 cup of packed brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Line broiler pan with aluminum foil and spray rack with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine beef, breadcrumbs, eggs, onion, cheese, garlic, salt and pepper in large bowl and shape mixture into 1-1-1/2 inch meatballs.
- Place meatballs on broiling rack and bake for about 10 minnutes until browned.
- Combine beer, tomato sauce, ketchup, tomato paste and sugar in large Dutch oven; bring to boil., Add meatballs and reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes, stirring occassionally.
Hope you enjoyed this recipe – please send in your comments, suggestions and experiences – your input is always welcomed!