Last Updated on
I have made lots of different tea biscuits, but couple days ago I decided to add to our dinner of pasta with grilled chicken and vegetables and bake fresh cheese biscuits. They turned out beautiful and were so very tasty, I just have to share the recipe.
Best Ever Cheese Biscuits:
- 2 cups of flour
- 4 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt (you can reduce or totally omit the salt if you wish)
- 1/4 cup of shortening
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 – 1/2 cups of cheddar cheese, cut into small cubes or shredded
- Melted butter to brush on the biscuits after baking
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt together.
- Cut the shortening in with pastry knife or 2 butter knives until it resembles coarse oatmeal
- Fold in your cheese cubes until they are nicely coated with flour mixture
- Make a well in the centre of dry ingredients and add milk
- When you added all the milk, stir the dough until it starts coming free off the side of your bowl
- Turn the dough onto floured board and knead gently for a few minutes
- Pat the dough into a round shape to fill bottom of a pie plate
- Cut into 6 pieces (or 8 if you want smaller biscuits) with pizza cutter
- Bake at 450F for about 15 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown
- Take out of the oven, leave for about 5 minutes and then brush tops with melted butter
Hope you will enjoy this recipe – please send me your comments and suggestions, your input is always greatly appreciated!