Last Updated on
This soup is great in any season since the ingredients are available year round. But as the vegetables and herbs in your garden start tempeting your culinary adventures, this recipe will without a doubt be appreciated. Here is the advantage – you can serve it cold in the summer or hot during the cooler months. Try it and you will agree that it will not take long for this soup to become one of your family’s favourites!
Carrot and Dill Soup:
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 3 stalks of celery, chopped
- 2 onions , chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon of each salt and pepper
- 5 cups of chopped carrots
- 8 cups of chicken or vegetable stock
- 3/4 cup of chopped fresh dill
- In large, have saucepan, heat butter over medium heat.
- Cook celery, onions,garlic,salt and pepper stirring often – for about 5 minutes
- Add carrots and cook for about 4 more minutes, stirring occassionally
- Add stock and bring to boil; reduce heat and simmer until carrots are tender – about 35 minutes.
- In food processor or blender, puree soup, in batches, until smooth
- Return to pan and heat through
- Stir in the dill and serve
You can also refrigerate this soup for 3-4 days or freeze it for about a week. If you decide to do this, refrigerate or freeze before adding the dill.
Hope you enjoyed this recipe – please send in your comments, suggestions and experiences. Your input is always welcomed and much appreciated!