This is a great dessert or you could even serve it for breakfast! Cranberries and pears are now readily available from your local markets and they are beautiful. I made this as a dessert for Sunday dinner and it will be most probably one of our family’s favorites!
Here is how to make it:
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Peel and cut 4-6 firm pears into 3/4 inch pieces (you should get about 6 cups)
- Toss pears with 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice – that will prevent discoloration
- Add 1-1/2 cups of cranberries and 1/3 cup of sugar – toss well
- Transfer to six 8-ounce ramekins or 3 quart baking dish
- Sprinkle with topping (recipe below) ,bake until fruit is tender and topping turns golden – about 25 minutes
- Cool for at least 30 minutes and it is great serves with vanilla ice cream!
Oatmeal Crisp Topping:
- In a food processor, pulse 1/2 cup of flour with 1/2 cup of chilled butter until pea-size clumps form
- Add 1/4 cup of each – granulated and brown sugar, 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon, 1 cup of rolled oats – and pulse until large, moist clumps form – about 10 times
Hope you enjoy this delicious dish – please send me your comments, suggestions and experiences – your input is always welcomed and very much appreciated!