This just may be the time of the year when looking for recipe that results in “comfort food” is the thing to do. And I seriously consider roast chicken to be one of them – especially with a bit of garlic….. Try it today and enjoy!
Easy Garlic Roast Chicken:
2 chickens – about 2-1/2 lbs. each
10-12 cloves of garlic
2 onions – quartered
6 springs of fresh rosemary
2 tablespoons of olive oil
salt and pepper
- Pat chickens dry and remove any excess fat from cavities.
- Remove giblets if neccessary and reserve for another use (such as making stock)
- Peel garlic, cut each clove leghtwise into thin slices.
- Slide your fingers carefully under the skin on the breast os each each chicken to separate the skin from the flesh. Arrange slices of garlic evenly between breast nad skin.
- Place one onion and 3 springs of rosemary in cavity of each chicken.
- Rub chickens all over with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place chickens on rack in roasting pan. Roast at 400F for about 1 hours or until meat thermometer registers 185F and juices run clear when chickens are picked with a skewer.
- Transfer chickens to serving platter and let stand, coered, for about 15 minutes.
Hope you enjoyed this recipe – please send in your comments, experiences and suggestions – yiour input is always welcomed!