Edible Cookie Bowl
- 1-1/4 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup of blanched, slivered almonds, finely ground
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 4 tablespoon of butter, softened
- 2/3 cups of sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Loaf pan
- 1-1/2 inch cookie cutter with scalloped edges
Making the cookie dough:
- Cover the loaf pan with foil and spray with vegetable cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, almonds and salt.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer set on medium, beat butter, sugar, egg and vanilla un til light and fluffy.
- Add flour mixture and beat until a dough forms – about 2 minutes.
Shaping the cookie bowl:
Preheat oven to 350F.
Roll dough out to 1/8 thickness.
Using 1-1/2 inch cookie cutter with scalloped edges, cut out shapes.
Cover pan with cut outs, overlapping and pressing them slightly.
Bake cookie bowl until edges are firm – about 15 minutes.
Transfer pan to wire rack and cool completely.
To remove the cookie bowl., carefully lift off the foil lined pan.
Now you can arrange other homemade goodies in the bowl and cover loosely with plastic wrap until ready to serve or gift.
Note: You can make round cookie bowl by overlapping and molding the cookie dough discs over round bowl. You can use different shaped oven-proof bowl to make a varied selection of cookie bowls.
Wrap the cooled cookie bowl in an airtight enclosure of plastic wrap; store in the freezer for up to 1 month. Thaw the bowl, wrapped at room temperature for about 30 minutes.
You can also consider baking a few smaller cookie bowls and serving them with ice cream for a fun dessert.
Hope you will enjoy making and giving this wonderful cookie bowl – please send me your comments, your input is always welcomed and very much appreciated!