Last Updated on
You will be able to stay in the Halloween spirit and serve your family or friends some fun, surprising snacks that will fit right in! Easy to put together and definitely fun to eat!
6 Hot dogs
1/2 cup Barbecue sauce
4 Hamburger rolls
- Slice each hot dog in half and then quarter each piece lengthwise.
- In a skillet, fry the hot dog pieces until they curl and are lightly browned. Add barbecue sauce and coat the hot dogs.
- Heat for two more minutes and serve on 4 hamburger buns.
1 frozen cheese pizza (12 inches)
1 can (6 ounces) pitted ripe olives, drained and halved
1 medium sweet red pepper
1 small green pepper
- Place pizza on a 12-in. pizza pan.
- Arrange olives in a circle around edge of pizza.
- Cut a nose, eyes and mouth from red pepper.
- Cut a stem and eyebrows from green pepper.
- Make a jack-o’-lantern face on pizza.
- Bake according to package directions.
30 fresh strawberries
8 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
1 teaspoon shortening
1/8 teaspoon almond extract
1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Wash strawberries and gently pat with paper towels until completely dry. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt white chocolate and shortening at 50% power; stir until smooth.
- Stir in extract.
- Dip strawberries in chocolate mixture; place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet, allowing excess chocolate to form the ghosts’ tails
- Immediately press chocolate chips into coating for eyes.
- Freeze for 5 minutes.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt remaining chocolate chips; stir until smooth.
- Dip a toothpick into melted chocolate and draw a mouth on each face.
Red icing writer
- Assemble the eyeballs by pushing one cranraisin into the center of one marshmallow.
- Using the red icing writer, draw the bloodshot lines on the top and sides of the marshmallow.
- Allow the marshmallow eyeballs to dry before serving them at your Halloween party.
- Repeat the process with the rest of your marshmallows.
- Makes 20 eyeballs.
Hope you will enjoy making, serving and easting these delightful snacks – please send in yoiur comments, suggestions and experiences, your input is always welcomed!