Just in case you are thinking about your Christmas dinner menu, here is a great idea: Sugar Glazed Ham and Hot German Style Potato Salad. I know that ham and potatoes are probably on your menu already, but making them using this recipes will add a nice tasteful touch for sure! Enjoy!
- 1 (12 pound) ham ,rump portion
- 1/2 cup of whole cloves
- 1 cup of packed brown sugar
- 4 cups of water, or as needed
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place ham in a roasting pan, and press whole cloves into the top at 1 to 2 inch intervals.
- Pack the top with a layer of brown sugar.
- Pour enough water into the bottom of the roasting pan to come to a 1 inch depth.
- Cover the pan tightly with aluminum foil or a lid.
- Bake for 4 1/2 to 5 hours in the preheated oven (about 22 minutes per pound), or until the internal temperature of the ham has reached 160 degrees .
- Make sure the meat thermometer is not touching the bone.
Let stand for about 20 minutes before carving.
- 6 potatoes
- 4 large eggs
- 1 pound of bacon
- 1 medium head escarole
- 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add potatoes and cook until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes.
- Drain, cool and chop.
- Place eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water.
- Bring water to a boil; cover, remove from heat, and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove from hot water, cool, peel and chop.
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet.
- Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown.
- Drain, crumble and set aside. Reserve bacon drippings.
- Place potatoes in skillet with reserved bacon dripping, fry until heated through.
- Add escarole, bacon, eggs and vinegar.
- Cook until escarole becomes wilted and serve warm.
Hope you have enjoyed these recipes and that you will send in your comments, suggestions and experiences, your input is always welcomed and very much appreciated