Homemade Shortbread Pie Crust Recipe:
- 2 ounces (about 4 tablespoons of unsalted butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Stir together butter and sugar in a medium bowl.
- Stir in yolk.
- Add flour and salt and stir until mixture is dry and crumbly.
- Press dough into bottom and up sides of 9-inch pie plate.
- Freeze until firm – about 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Bake, rotating halfway through, just until the crust turns golden brown – about 20 minutes.
- Let cool in dish on a wire rack.
- Make your filling and complete your pie. If your pie requires baking – i.e. pecan pie, cut the pie crust baking time to a half.
Hope you will enjoy this recipe – please send me your comments, your input is always welcomed and much appreciated!