Last Updated on
You could buy a box of candy or make delicious cakes or cookies – but there really is no treat that will equal to fresh, locally grown strawberries that are coated in real chocolate!
And – you can make these ahead of time or have them ready on a short time notice – just a perfect treat!
- Coarsely chop about 4 ounces of semi-sweet chocolate
- Wash and dry 1 lb. of fresh strawberries (that’s about 20 of them and if you use locally grown strawberries, you will definitely notice the difference)
- Place the chocolate in a glass bowl and microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until melted and smooth.
- Dip the strawberries – holding each strawberry by the stem end, dip in the melted chocolate, letting the excess chocolate drip of. Repeat with the remaining berries.
- Transfer dipped strawberries onto a baking sheet lined with waxed paper.
- As you set each berry down, slide it about 1/2 inch to the side to prevent the formation of a “chocolate foot”.
- Refrigerate the strawberries until the chocolate is firm – at least 30 minutes.
- The dipped strawberries will keep up to 3 days, covered, in the refrigerator.