Last Updated on
You will need just a little bit of patience if you want to make good, homemade donuts, but it is worth the effort. You can make these anytime and think about how surprised your kids will be when they return home from school to find fresh, warm donuts and a big glass of milk waiting for them! Do not worry about these donuts being bad – since you are controlling what goes into them, how many get eaten and that there are without chemical additives and preservatives, you can consider these to be a real homemade treat anytime!
- 1/2 cup of 10% coffee cream
- 1/2 cup of whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 3 cups of flour
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- Vegetable cooking oil
- In a bowl, whisk together 10% cream and whipping cream and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and ginger.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs with 1 cup of sugar until light and fluffy, gradually beat in cream mixture
- Mix in flour mixture
- Refrigerate for about an hour
- On a floured work surface, roll out the dough to about 1/2 thickness
- Cut out pieces with a donut cutter ( I have also used 2 sizes of cookies cutters and it worked fine)
- Line baking sheet with paper towels and set aside
- In a large saucepan or deep fryer, heat oil to 375F
- Cook donuts, turning often until golden brown – about 5 minutes
- Place on paper towel lined baking sheets to absorb excess oil
- In a paper bag, mix together cinnamon with sugar to taste and shake donuts to coat them
This recipe will make you about 30 donuts
Hope you have enjoyed making your delicious homemade donuts – please send in your comments, suggestions and experiences, your input is always welcomed and much appreciated!