Last Updated on
It is almost hard to believe that this great desert is so easy to make. You will be surprise just how little it takes to surprise your family or firends with this homemade wonder – using fresh peaches is an extra treat!
- 1 package of frozen raspberries or strawberries
- ½ cup currant jelly
- 1-1/2 teaspoon of cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon of cold water
- Peach slices
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Mash raspberries or strawberries in a saucepan.
- Add currant jelly, bring to a boil.
- Mix cornstarch with cold water and add to mixture.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until clear – about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Place scoops of vanilla ice cream in a dessert dish, arrange peach slices around it and pour cooled melba sauce over it.
For more delicious recipes using peaches, use the Recipe Search button at the top of each page
Hope you have enjoyed this recipe – please send in your comments, suggestions and experiences, your input is always welcomed and very much appreciated