Last Updated on
If you enjoy prime rib roast – here is a great recipe for you! I just tried it last weekend and it was delicious!
Kosher Salt Encrusted Prime Rib Roast:
- 2 cups coarse kosher salt
- 4 pounds prime rib roast
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
- Preheat oven to 210 degrees F
- Cover the bottom of a roasting pan with a layer of kosher salt.
- Place the roast, bone side down, on the salt.
- Season the meat with the ground black pepper and seasoning salt, then cover completely with kosher salt.
- Roast in preheated oven for 4 to 5 hours, or until the internal temperature of the meat reaches 145 degrees F.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 30 minutes.
- This sets the juices and makes the roast easier to carve.
(Note: Be sure to remove all the salt from the roast before serving.)
Hope you enjoy using this recipe – please send in your comments and suggestions – your input is always very much appreciated!